GENERAL CODE OF ETHICS - The Large Munsterlander Club
All members of the Large Munsterlander Club undertake to abide by its general Code of Ethics.
- Will properly house, feed, water and exercise all dogs under their care and arrange for appropriateveterinary attention if and when required.
- Will agree without reservation that any veterinary surgeon performing an operation on any of their dogs which alters the natural conformation of the animal, or who carries out a caesarean sectionon a bitch, may report such operation to the Kennel Club.
- Will agree that no healthy puppy will be culled. Puppies which may not conform to the BreedStandard should be placed in suitable homes.
- Will abide by all aspects of the Animal Welfare Act.
- Will not create demand for, nor supply, puppies that have been docked illegally.
- Will agree not to breed from a dog or bitch which could be in any way harmful to the dog or tothe breed.
- Will not allow any of their dogs to roam at large or to cause a nuisance to neighbours or thosecarrying out official duties.
- Will ensure that their dogs wear properly tagged collars and will be kept leashed or under effectivecontrol when away from home.
- Will clean up after their dogs in public places or anywhere their dogs are being exhibited.
- Will only sell dogs where there is a reasonable expectation of a happy and healthy life and willhelp with the re-homing of a dog if the initial circumstances change.
- Will supply written details of all dietary requirements and give guidance concerning responsibleownership when placing dogs in a new home.
- Will ensure that all relevant Kennel Club documents are provided to the new owner when sellingor transferring a dog, and will agree, in writing, to forward any relevant documents at the earliestopportunity, if not immediately available.
- Will not sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers, retail pet dealers or directly or indirectlyallow dogs to be given as a prize or donation in a competition of any kind. Will not sell by sale or auction Kennel Club registration certificates as stand alone items (not accompanying a dog).
- Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed nor falsely advertise dogs nor mislead any person regarding the health or quality of a dog.Breach of these provisions may result in expulsion from club membership, and/or disciplinary action bythe Kennel Club and/or reporting to the relevant authorities for legal action, as appropriate.